Sunday, October 3, 2010

Early Birthday Celebration for Mommy

My parents came to town to see Emma & help celebrate my birthday!! It was such a nice visit, and my parents are always so great helping us around the house too! Mom & I got some errands run on Saturday, and we made a DELICIOUS shrimp & grits dinner (thank you, dick, for the grits - they were incredible!!) which is my very favorite, followed by my favorite dessert - lemon chess pie (Westhampton bakery in Richmond). My parents game me pillows for our den couch. We had been looking for fabric for a while now, and found this NEAT fabric & mom made them. (you will see one of the pillows in the picture below of my Dad & Gampa)

Sunday morning, we had to keep the good food coming...so we made my favorite breakfast, pumpkin pancakes, sausage & pumpkin coffee! Can you tell I love some pumpkin dishes this time of the year... We headed to church, and Emma was so good. I think all the folks who sat behind us, did not hear much of the homily that day!! Emma was the center of attention for sure.

That afternoon, Cuckoo & Gampa came over for an early dinner and to celebrate. It was nice, and fun for all of us to be together (as it had been since August at Colby's wedding - last time).


What a FACE! Love it!


loves her tags


Always so happy


Lemon Chess Pie - Yum Yum


Emma


New toy from SuSu & Bop




Sweetest girl


Emma & Bop




Gampa & Dad


Mom & Cuckoo


Finally able to wear pearl bracelet from Nana




Family





Cuckoo & Gampa with us


Cuckoo & Gampa


Emma & I


Bop & Emma


Emma & Gampa

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh that last picture is my absolute favorite!!

    ReplyDelete